Starting to learn to drive is very exciting and you may be ready to start on your 17th birthday (I have had quite a few learners who have had their first driving lesson as a birthday present!). You have to be at least 17 years of age to drive on public roads in the UK.
- To be ready to drive you must have applied for and received your provisional driving licence. You can apply 3 months before your 17th birthday.
- You also need to check your eyesight. You need to be able to read an old style number plate from 20.50 metres, or 20 metres for the new style number plate. (Approximately 5 car lengths). If you need to wear contact lenses or glasses to do this, you MUST wear them at all times whilst driving.
- At the first lesson I will explain the process of learning all the skills needed to become a safe and competent driver and how we will work to get you ready to pass your test.
- At the end of the first session I will give you your own driver record that monitors the progress you are making towards being a skilled, safe and competent driver. This will be completed at the end of each session and will become the basis of further learning.
- After the first few lessons I will be able to give you a idea how many hours tuition that you will need to be ready to take the practical test. My aim is for you not to have driving lessons that you do not need! If you are ready for the test I will let you know and we will organise a test date. (Younger leaners usually learn quicker and need fewer lessons. Also, previous experience of being a road user such as riding a motor bike helps considerably. It is important that you are consistent with learning driving skills rather than taking breaks and then having to re-learn skills that have been forgotten. Therefore it is important budget your available money to ensure that you get to test as quickly as possible).
You can contact me on 07952542989 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If I am unable to take your call please leave a brief message with name and contact details and I will get back to you as soon as possible.